Life isn’t something we totally control, everyone undergoes stress, what matters is how it’s being controlled. Stress is the feeling of being under too much mental or emotional pressure. Pressure, most times aggravates into stress. People react to stress in different ways, what might be stressful for me might not be for you. The way stress is responded to determine the result, it could get worse or get better.
Stress is not an illness or disease, but it can cause a serious illness if it isn’t addressed properly. The symptoms of stress should be recognized to be able to know how to address it. It’s disheartening to see someone drink to stupor with the excuse of being under stress, such person is also causing more harm to his/her body system. Stress should be addressed quickly in order to avoid health problems such as high blood pressure, insomnia, panic attacks, constant headaches or other forms of anxiety and worry.
Ways you could manage stress;
- Manage your time wisely.
- Eat healthy. Add fruits, vegetables and lean protein to your diet. Avoid too much sugar.
- Exercise on a regular basis, it helps.
- Don’t let your work take hold of you, make time for your hobbies and interests.
- Instead of being defensive or passive, share your opinions and beliefs. Be polite
- You should learn to say no where you can, to things that add stress to your life.
- Don’t rely on alcohol, drugs and too much food to help.
- Get enough rest and sleep. Your body needs it to recover from stressful events
- Spend time with loved ones.
- Get in contact with a counselor.
Finally, stay positive and keep a realistic attitude.
A Nigerian content creator and peace specialist .